1) How many scholarships and who is eligible
Five scholarship winners
Total – Five $1,000 scholarships funded by our local Hampton Roads McDonald’s owners of the Tidewater McDonald’s Association, Inc.
The program is open to students who are currently high school juniors and seniors who demonstrate:
Leadership, by serving in leadership positions in school, church, or community organizations.
Community Service, by volunteering their spare time to help those in need and providing support to local groups, businesses, and neighborhood organizations.
Scholarship, by maintaining at least a “B” average (3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale), and by having applied or are planning to apply to an accredited college or university.
Character, by setting a good example for their peers, maintaining a positive attitude, and exhibiting qualities of good citizenship, high moral character, and ethical behavior.
Geographic Eligibility, by attending high school in one of the counties or independent cities served by the McDonald’s® of the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Those counties and independent cities include southeastern Virginia and northeast North Carolina.
Applicants Must Be:
· An hourly McDonald’s® restaurant employee working at least 15 hours per week.
· Employed at a Tidewater Co-op McDonald’s® restaurant for a minimum of six months.
· A high school junior or senior during the 2013 – 2014 academic year.
· Planning to attend a two or four-year accredited college, university, vocational or technical school or any other educational program designed to further their life skills during the 2014 – 2015 academic year.
· Employed by McDonald’s® at the time scholarship monies are awarded.
· Residents of the Tidewater area.
· 3.0 GPA or above
2) When they can apply
2014 March - April ; 2015 January - April
3) When they are chosen
March - April
4) Where they can apply
5) When they can apply for next year?