It's about time science did something USEFUL. We've heard enough about climate change . . . I want studies that will change the climate IN MY PANTS. And today, that's what we've got.
Here are the five most effective ways to FLIRT, according to scientific proof.
1. Touching someone's face. If you can do it without coming off creepy, nothing's more effective.
2. Touching someone elsewhere. If you can't touch their face, the next best places are the shoulder, waist, and forearm.
3. Going out of your way to compliment someone. Go for the move where you see someone across the room, walk up, and say, "I just had to come over and tell you, I love your shoes" or whatever.
4. Smiling and eye contact. These come up in every study, nothing new here. Obviously you're more likely to have success if you smile and make eye contact than frown and look down at your shoes.
5. Be more direct. If you've found your flirting hasn't worked, it's probably because YOU think you're flirting but other people haven't realized it. Amping it up will make it more effective.