Edith Cowan University in Western Australia just released the results of a survey taken of BURGLARS to gain insight into how they operate and what they are afraid of. I'm not quite sure how in THE WORLD volunteers were found to take this survey but let's just take their word for it! Ready?
1) A burglar is most likely to enter through an open door or window. About two-thirds of burglars break in through a door or window that's unlocked.
2) A guard dog is the number one deterrent. 69% of burglars said they are most likely to avoid a house it there's a dog. Burglars are more scared of dogs than of alarm systems . . . or even of YOU being inside the house.
3) Leaving the lights and TV on doesn't fool them. If you think that leaving the lights and TV on will make them think someone's home and keep them from breaking in . . . it won't. They know that trick.
4) They use Facebook. The majority of burglars said they scout Facebook to see when people are on vacation.
5) Parties are one of their favorite ways to rob a house. Burglars say one of the easiest ways to steal stuff is to go to a party and pretend they're a guest.
So this list definitely sent chills down my spine.. I'm definitely going to work on #2 and #4.. I have a miniature Yorkie so I'm going to need to upgrade to a wolf or something.. and I definitely could slow down on the social network updates... THANKS AUSTRALIA! Tell me what you think below!