Not to give you a complex or anything, but no matter how often you shower, your body is still COVERED in disgusting stuff. Here are five nasty examples.
1. Demodex mites. They're are microscopic parasites that live on your eyelashes. They feed on skin cells and oil secreted by your hair follicles. Basically everyone has them, and at night they come out and walk around on your FACE.
2. Fecal matter. No matter how well you take care of business, there's always a LITTLE left behind . . . about a tenth of a gram, unless you're messy. And it ends up on your underwear, and spreads to the rest of your clothes in the laundry.
3. Dead skin cells. Pretty much the whole outer layer of your skin is dead, and in the process of falling off at all times. It's totally normal and harmless. But every time you touch someone else . . . anywhere, in any way . . . you're touching dead skin.
4. Skin-eating insects. There's a common type of mite that feeds on dead skin cells. It can be a cause of a common form of eczema . . . so if you have eczema, you might have the mites too.
5. Belly button bacteria. Your belly button tends to collect a lot of exotic bacteria . . . about 2,000 different species at any given time. Researchers have found bacteria in people's navels that are usually found only in the polar ice caps and thermal vents.